Heating Repair in Ellicott City, Maryland
Once winter arrives Ellicott City and temperatures start to dip below freezing, the chances of a heating system malfunction increase dramatically. With higher loads, worn parts like belts can break, and higher temperatures can cause components like heat exchangers to crack.
When you need heating repairs, you can count on our team at Buric Heating and Air Conditioning for fast, reliable service anywhere in the Ellicott City area. For over 16 years, we have been providing quality heating and cooling services to Ellicott City residents. Our certified technicians have the experience and equipment to solve nearly any heating system problem.
Contact Buric Heating and Air Conditioning today to learn more about our heating services!
When to Call a Professional for Heating System Repairs
Whether you have a furnace, a boiler, or a heat pump, it will often display signs of a problem shortly before a major failure occurs. To prevent a complete breakdown, call a professional when you notice any of the following:
- Startup problems – If your furnace or boiler will not light, if breakers trip, or if the lights dim when your heating system turns on, you may have a major system problem.
- Frequent cycling – When your heating system turns off and on frequently, there may be a problem with the thermostat, burners, compressor, fan limiter, or other components.
- Reduced heating performance – If your heating system is having difficulty keeping your home comfortable, such as poor heat output, uneven temperatures, or poor humidity control, there may be airflow, burner, or coil problems.
- High utility bills – When utility bills increase suddenly, it is a sign that your heating system is working harder than it should to keep you comfortable, increasing your energy usage.
- Odd noises – Unusual sounds like screeching, banging, or tapping, could indicate minor problems, like a broken, belt, or more serous ones, like a damaged compressor or a combustion problem.
- Strange smells – Odors like smoke, burning plastic, or musty smells could indicate furnace or boiler combustion problems, electrical problems, or duct contamination.
- Yellow flames – If the flames on a furnace or boiler are yellow instead of blue, there may be combustion problems or flue leaks.
- CO alarms – If a carbon monoxide detector issues an alert, your furnace or boiler may be producing excessive levels of the potentially-fatal gas.
To determine the cause of the problem, contact our team at Buric Heating and Air Conditioning. We will inspect your heating system and offer the best repair options for your needs and budget.
For a heating system inspection, contact our experts today!
Furnace Repair in the Ellicott City Area
At Buric Heating and Air Conditioning, we can repair most common problems on furnaces, boilers, heat pumps, and ductless heating systems, including:
- Startup problems
- Performance or airflow issues
- Electrical problems
- Clogged air filters
- Failed blower motors
- Loose or damaged blower belts
- Dirty heat pump or ductless coils
- Frozen coils
- Refrigerant leaks
- Improper refrigerant levels
- Clogged condensate drains
- Dirty furnace or boiler burners
- Flue gas or carbon monoxide leaks
- Ignition or combustion problems
- And more!
Our HVAC professionals offer fast, professional diagnosis and repair services throughout Ellicott City. We also offer complete maintenance services, to prevent problems in the future, as well as heating replacements, if the problem is too severe to repair.
Contact us today to schedule repairs!
Schedule Heating Repair in Elicott City, MD
From simple repairs, to complete heating system replacements, you can trust our team at Buric Heating and Air Conditioning for all your heating needs.
To schedule an appointment, contact us today!